Thursday 22 September 2011

The Old Republic goes all EVE-y.

Bioware have released more information about their upcoming science fiction-opera MMO, Star Wars: The Old Republic. People have been able to sign up their guilds for some time now, in readiness for the launch. PC Gamer have already started setting up their US and EU guilds, and you can join today.

Today's news is that the guilds will have the ability to set up other guilds as allies or enemies, lending a EVE-like air to the game, even ahead of launch. I was considering cancelling my pre-order, but with the emergence of inter-factional wars, I'm rather more excited than I was before. I can't wait for my first inter-guild war to erupt. It lends an atmosphere to PvP that other games just can't scratch.

Go Imperials!

Credit: PCGamer.