Monday 10 October 2011

Mass Effect 3 gets multiplayer


Alright, so I was the only video games news writer that hadn't heard about the rumours.

Australian PC magazine PC Powerplay has confirmed the existence of the threequel's multiplayer, according to CVG.

This should make some interesting ripples in the Bioware pond. Bioware haven't previously been one for much multiplayer, but perhaps the upoming Old Republic has shown them just how fun it can be.

Personally, it won't sway me very much. I haven't played a Mass Effect game since ME1, and I refuse to play ME2 (despite having owned it since launch) without my saved game from the other game, which was tragically lost in a reformat.

I still miss it.

So unless I go mad and play through Mass Effect again, it's unlikely that I'll be playing ME3's multiplayer. I will be watching over my friend's shoulder though, and I look forward to seeing how it pans out.

But wow, imagine what Dragon Age multiplayer would be like.

Credit: CVG.Link